Sunday, August 13, 2006

singapore fireworks festival 2006

Today is the last day of the fireworks festival, so my family and I decided to go to the esplanade and take a look. When we reached there at 5 plus, it was aready crowded with people from all walks of life. However, we still managed to find a empty place to sit.

I think the reason of today crowds was due to the France team. Because of their popularity, they were back at the fireworks festival and had wrapped up the festival with “Celebration of Life”. Leaded by Mr. Dominique Brezac, their performance was definitely a surprise to look out for.

At half pass 9pm, everyone started to move forward. They tried to squeeze their way to the front to get the best view and made me feel like a sardine :( When the first firworks spluttered and went out, everyone started yelling "WOW". The coal-black sky were now brighten with glowing lights. It was so beautiful. They were like slow falling stars with waterfalls effect in dazzling shades of yellow, red and green. At that moment, I felt that I was a princess in a fairy tale story when the fairy godmother waved her wand in the sky :) and my dreams come true...

No comments: